Monday, September 22, 2008

Robot spaghetti vs. river

When you were younger, did you love going through the car wash? I did. I loved the spraying of water, the huge "spaghetti" slapping the windows, more spraying of water and the huge blower, and a huge robot eye that looks at you and apparently drives your car for you. Pretty cool.

Well, Haiti tops that by a mile. Today after hiking, working, and attending a funeral I was asked to drive down a little road next to the nearby river. We pulled alongside it, and I was then directed to drive into the river. We parked in about two feet of flowing water. We all hopped out of the truck, my co-workers and I stripped down to our skivvies, and we washed the truck in the river. We washed all the mud off, and when finished someone produced a bar of soap--we lathered ourselves up, scrubbed up a bit, and jumped in to rinse off. We put our clothes back on, drove out of the river and back to the office clean as a whistle.

I think any kid would enjoy this car wash a bit more than the dancing spaghetti robot. I did.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Yeah, I would have totally gone for the river, though Canadian rivers are a tad chilly....