Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The goods.

Okay, just to counterbalance my recent criticisms about being a foreigner here, following is a list of things I especially like about Haiti:

The trees. The big ceiba/mapou trees, mangoes, avocados, citrus, neem...so many really interesting trees. Here's to more in the future!


Beaches. I've enjoyed some very nice tropical paradises here in Haiti.


Seau Kontrere. The river/ravine in Desarmes. One of the coolest places I've ever been - and I think it's almost completely void of tourists. Except MCCers.


Mountain biking in Haiti. I've been on some really fun sections of singletrack here.

There are more. I do have a tender spot for Haiti, but I just want to be sure the tender spot does not rely upon the poverty of the country for me to enjoy it.

No comments: