Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Nothing to see here.

Last week was jam-crammed with introducing new MCCers to Dezam, our quarterly MCC Haiti meeting, and a trip to Port to help friends move and meet a brand-new baby. But despite my nicely filled-in calendar for this week, I've had one cancellation after another:

- The teacher whose class I went to visit Monday morning was sick and the substitute was covering two classrooms and couldn't teach the environmental lesson.
- Our regular education-team meeting was canceled yesterday because we needed to go to St. Mark to renew the insurance for MCC motorcycles.
- My English student didn't show up for his lesson.
- Our weekly team meeting was canceled because the reforestation team is distributing money to the nursery committees at the bank.
- Our second attempt at an education-team meeting today was canceled because...well, I'm not sure why.

So if anyone can pass along suggestions for a super time-consuming project, I'm all ears.

3 comments:

Mme Esther said...

Have a baby!

Bryan said...

Thought about it but eventually decided that it's a long term solution to a short term problem.

Karen said...

Make this for someone else who already had a baby! http://www.spoolsewing.com/blog/2008/05/16/bird-mobile/

I'm just finishing up one in pink (ew) and green for my two year old sister-in-law.

I have to say, making birds is addictive, which I think explains why God made so many kinds.