Saturday, October 11, 2008

Looking around

Okay, in response to those who want more pictures, here are a few. (As a side note, loading these photos reminds me of my childhood when my brother and I would saddle up to the Commodore 64, throw in the 5" floppy disk of our favorite game, and hit the LOAD key. The gears would start grinding and we would usually play a game outside while we waiting for the computer game to load. Today, I hit "Upload Photos" and walked away, checking in every 5 minutes to see how it was progressing; after 20 or 30 minutes it finally succeeded in this gargantuan task. So, be thankful for your DSL or other high-speed connection.) Enjoy!


These little guys come hopping in whenever there is a lot of rain -- apparently, we've been getting too much rain for them.


This sleepy-eyed frog was napping in the clothespin bag when he was disturbed by me and my laundry duties.


If you remember the tank of a truck I get to drive, this is our loaner as the other truck gets fixed (it's apparently not a flawless tank). I have yet to bathe with this truck. ;-)


Sharon spotted this moth last night when she was on the computer. (Get it?)


These are the shoes that everyone here wears when they know they will be walking in mud, puddles, etc. One guy calls them doublè, which is the word for 4x4s: very fitting. They are completely rubber/plastic except for the laces.

No comments: