Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Long hard goodbyes.....

After a week of training with MCC, then a weekend "home" in Philadelphia, then back to MCC and yet another weekend "home" we have run-out of our weekends at home. Everything felt and still feels remotely normal, as I write this at 1:41 am.....geez. But everything changes tomorrow err today I guess. All those tears I've been holding back will come gushing out as the reality of this new transition finally sinks in. We are still packing and finishing those last few things that one never really wants to deal with (like bills....ugh!) and those personal items you've been holding onto for years but can't remember the last time you used it, but still you want to put it in a large purple duffel bag and carry it with you to Haiti because you just might use it there.

I don't know where this adventure is going, I guess I have some idea, but the reality is that I/we really won't know what we will be doing until we get there. Not knowing what are new house will be like, or if will it even be a house, friends, church, work, groceries, laundry......all theses things I take for granted that I know how to do and as of tomorrow I will be dependent all over again. Depending on strangers, family and friends 100's of miles away, and anyone else who can teach me how to live all over again.

Well, we have to be up and ready to leave for the airport in 5 hours so this entry will have to end here. You may not get to see many pictures until we get to Haiti, but I'll try to sneak some in.

As most of you that are reading this, at least for now, are friends and family, thanks for everything and being so supportive, I/we love you all very much and we hope so see you in the Caribbean, so get those passports and immunizations and start planning your visit.

Bryan

3 comments:

Beth said...

I like your blog's new look! Can't wait to read about all of your adventures. Hopefully all of your goodbyes went well.

Thinking of you,
Beth H :)

Kathy said...

We found you! What a blessing to get to know you at orientation. And we look forward to hearing about your adventures - we'll be keeping you in our prayers too.

Unknown said...

Hey Guys! The Kosers here... We are so excited for you, and will be anxiously checking in to learn more about your new life as it unfolds.

Blessings to you both, and may Peace, Patience and Good Health remain with you both!!

Cindy & Kevin
(p.s.... the books arrived - thanks!)